Drug-free allergy relief - Our Daily Green

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Drug-free allergy relief

For Our Daily Green's regular readers, our ongoing battle with allergies is well documented. Every member of our family, including our dog, has various allergies that we contend with from time to time. This spring, after personally receiving the eight separate doses of steroids to treat my allergies in a year, in absolute frustration, I looked for alternative treatments.

My opposition to steroids probably began as a vanity issue more than anything. Steroids cause weight gain as well as a number of other less than desirable side effects. According to the Livestrong site:

Weight gain is often the most dreaded side effect of prescription steroid use, although it is not the most serious, according to the Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center . The weight gain is linked to several biological effects induced by the steroids. Steroids interfere with the balance between water and minerals resulting in fluid retention. Retaining fluid in the body can cause swelling, especially in the lower part of the legs.
Steroids also inhibit muscle and fat cells from taking up glucose,the main form of energy for the body, according to Colorado State University. Additional glucose in the blood results in high blood sugar, which can be dangerous especially for people with diabetes. Because the glucose is not able to be utilized by the cells, weight gain results.
Long term use of steroids also causes a redistribution of body fat, according to the Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center. Steroids trigger fat deposits to move to the face, back of the neck and abdomen. Fat at the back of the neck is referred to as a "buffalo hump".
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/119473-side-effects-prescription-steroids/#ixzz22sAvJr00
With additional research, we learned that many environmental factors from what we eat, to what we breathe, to what we wear can cause an allergic reaction. Since it's impossible to avoid the slew of allergens surrounding us, instead, we began to learn about an alternative treatment for allergies.

Since late June, we have been testing The Allergy Kit, developed by Dr. Ynge Ljung. The treatment is based on energy healing and acupuncture. The kit contains vials of the allergen to be used with a laser to reprogram the body into processing the food and environmental allergens in a non reactive way. I admit that I was completely skeptical when I contacted the company, but still held out some hope. I figured it couldn't hurt so I decided to try it.

The process is a relatively simple one, utilizing one part faith, one part energy, and one part acupuncture. Yes, the power of positive thinking is at play and there is a mantra to recite before using each treatment. There are seven vials of "energized allergens" to use, sequentially, as they build on each other. The laser acts as an electronic sort of needle and stimulates the different points in the body that react.

I took a personal medical assessment prior to beginning the treatment and completed another one today. On June 26, my self reported health score was 51, based on a comprehensive list of neurological, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, respiratory, urinary, skin, and female symptoms. I did the same analysis today, about 6 weeks later, and report a vast improvement, to 31.

Now, what does this mean? For me it means I'm on the road to a cure. I have not changed anything else in my life, as it's nearly impossible to eliminate the allergens in my environment. I will continue to do "reinforcement" treatments and watch my improvement. I am not exactly where I'd like to be, but I'm getting there. I honestly believe The Allergy Kit accounts for the improvements in my allergic reactions. I will continue to provide ongoing updates as I try the additional vials and use The Allergy Kit on my children. I can even use it on my dog, according to the literature I received from the company!

Please stay tuned for my next post which will include additional information regarding The Allergy Kit.

In accordance with disclosure rules: The Allergy Kit was provided to me free of charge in exchange for my honest review. The company believed so strongly in their product that they sent me the kit to test. I received no other compensation for this review and would only recommend a product that honestly has helped me. Because I believe so strongly in what has helped me, I became an affiliate for their company. I receive commission on referral sales. 

Post a Comment