Napkin Green - Our Daily Green

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Napkin Green


Clothesline for dryingSTOP thinking that your cloth napkins are for special occasions only!

We all have piles of them, stashed away in a drawer, to be used twice a year, at best. Stop thinking like that and start using them! Using cloth napkins is one of the easiest ways I know to conserve disposable paper while dressing up a table at the same time. They are small enough to fit in any laundry load. (and naturally, to dry on the line, so they don't need to be ironed).

It's time to take the cloth napkins out of storage and put them on your table. I keep my eyes peeled for napkins at garage sales and thrift stores as well and have quite a collection. They brighten my table and are reusable over and over.

Green can be quite elegant as well as thrifty.

1 comment :

Wrick said...

I love this idea. My family tears through the napkins. I'm going to try and sell this idea to the one who is in charge of the laundry!