Our Daily Green frequently gets notes from our friends and readers about different groups trying to make a greener world. Today we'd like to tell you about the nonprofit group Healthy Child, Healthy World and encourage you to watch the video at the bottom of the post.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit inspiring parents to protect young children from harmful chemicals.
Credible scientific evidence increasingly points to contaminants in our environments and toxic chemicals in everyday products as causing and contributing to many of these diseases.
For the past two decades Healthy Child Healthy World has been the nation's leading organization of its kind. We help millions of parents, educators, health professionals, and the general public take action to create healthy environments and embrace green, non-toxic steps.
Purpose and Goals
- Expandawareness and understanding of environmental hazards to children's health
- Helpthe public learn about healthier practices, solutions, and products in the marketplace
- Encouragedaily action and informed lifestyle choices
- Createstandards and policies for safer products, foods, materials, and chemicals used in the home – promoting safer options and new alternatives
- Advocatefor and support corporate policies and governmental legislation that protect children from environmental risks
- Engagecommunities to make wise choices and responsible decisions so families can flourish