The world's easiest way to peel eggs (even farm fresh!) - Our Daily Green

Thursday, May 28, 2015

The world's easiest way to peel eggs (even farm fresh!)

One of the persistent myths about hard-boiled eggs is that if you want to peel them, they must be "old eggs" because farm fresh eggs don't peel easily since they stick to the shell.

This put me in a conundrum, because I like farm eggs, but that makes it tough to make deviled-eggs and some of my other favorite recipes. For many years, I found myself buying "old eggs" when I wanted to peel them.

Then I discovered how to peel eggs in a jar. Here are my farm fresh eggs (from my friends at Jackson 'Maters) and one of the pint jars I received from Ball canning last fall.


(how cute is the egg with the birthmark? lower right corner)

my gorgeous green glass Ball jars


You have to see it to believe it, so I videotaped myself peeling a farm fresh egg (before realizing I had dishes drying in the background... but check out the fact that YES, I do wash & dry my plastic zipper bags).



No comments :