|air conditioning service hamilton|
As the weather warms up and the plants and flowers explode with pollen, many allergy sufferers are closing the house and turning on the air conditioning.
With the increased air conditioner use, energy and monthly bills also increase. One of the easiest ways to keep the cost at a minimum is to regularly service your air conditioner.
According to the Energy Star site, a technician should check the following items in a service call:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause risky operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Grease all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Inspect the condensation drain in your central air conditioner. A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. Dirty coils reduce the system's ability to cool the home, causing the system to run longer which increases the energy costs and reduces the life of the equipment.
- Check refrigerant level and adjust if necessary. Too much or too little refrigerant will make your system less efficient increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system's efficiency by up to 15 percent.
A well run unit can save both energy and money and is well worth the investment in a service call.
Disclosure: Today's post has been brought to you by air conditioner service hamilton. We have been compensated for this post. Regardless, it's a pleasure to share tips to save money and energy with our readers.