The Compact Green - Our Daily Green

Friday, July 31, 2009

The Compact Green

I read about this group a few years ago and have remained intrigued by their premise. Founded in 2006 in San Francisco, a group of 50 people made a year long pledge to buy nothing new (with the exception of hygiene and safety goods).


They bartered, repaired, and truly considered every single financial choice they made. The spirit of the organization resonates with several of my recent posts including:

http://ourdailygreenlife.blogspot.com/2009/07/clothing-green.html and
http://ourdailygreenlife.blogspot.com/2009/07/school-supply-green.html

This movement has gained momentum, but also has its share of detractors.

I would like to hand my blog over to my readers for the next week, while I'm away.
Please share your thoughts on this topic or suggest topics to address when I return.

I am curious, my friends, how long do you think you could go without buying anything new? Would you be able commit to making such a Compact? What level of green choices are you comfortable making?
Post a Comment